School field trips are great fun for the students, but they might bring great stress to the teachers. With efficient planning, however, you, your chaperones, and your students can survive the trip. With these helpful tips on transportation and planning, you may even have a little bit of fun, as well.
- Nail down your chaperones as soon as possible. Depending on how many students are coming on the field trip, you will want a good amount of supervision.
- Book your transportation right away. Charter buses and educational tour services can fill up very quickly, so you should reserve your transportation as soon as possible.
- Start figuring out expenses. Most likely you had to petition your principal or school board to allow you the opportunity for a school field trip. You probably already mapped out your expenses for your presentation. Now, you need to start collecting money and putting down payments on buses and field trip tickets, if needed.
Call Haymarket Transportation to plan your school field trip in Washington DC , Virginia, or Maryland. We love to participate in the education and joy of our nation’s youth. Call us at (301) 778-2007 to book one of our sightseeing tours today.
Are you looking for transportation for an upcoming school field trip? School field trips should be both fun and educational. With just a little bit of planning, school field trips can be productive learning experiences for kids—without being overwhelming for parents and teachers. As you plan the perfect school field trip, remember to consider student interest, learning expectations, and necessary preparation.
Before you begin selecting transportation, it is important to gauge students’ interest in a proposed field trip. Educational tour services can help pick destinations that students are especially enthusiastic about. A great way to determine if students are excited about potential field trips is to incorporate your ideas into a classroom lesson plan. Using tools like photos, brochures, and videos, you can teach students about your field trip site before they even leave school.
In addition to being fun, school field trips are hands-on learning experiences. Before you leave the classroom, make sure students know what kinds of knowledge they should gain from a field trip. For example, many educational tour services suggest asking each student to keep a journal of their experiences or write a short essay about their favorite part of the trip. Make sure to review potential itineraries with students beforehand, and include museums and historic sites.
When you plan school field trips, you should consider how much preparation is necessary. For example, you may need to secure parent permission and medical forms ahead of time. If you are using a charter bus, inquire about a potential driver’s record and the company’s experience in offering educational tour services. You should also secure additional chaperones, if necessary.
Haymarket Transportation is pleased to offer school field trips in Maryland and throughout Washington, DC. Our educational tour services can be completely customized, so your students can truly make the most of their time in the nation’s capital. To learn more about our DC guided tours, visit us online or call us at (301) 778-2007. We also offer private tours in sedans, buses, and limos.
- Casino Trips
- DC Twilight Tour
- School Field Trip
- Northern Virginia Wine Country
- Haymarket Transportation
- Outlet Shopping
- National Zoo
- Charter Bus Travel
- National Air and Space Museum
- Atlantic City
- Mount Vernon
- Haymarket Transportation Reviews
- Fort McHenry
- Corporate Transportation
- Old Town Alexandria
- Baltimore's Harbor
- Virginia Tours
- Corporate Event
- Girls' Trip
- Luxury Transportation
- DC Guided tour
- Employee Shuttle Services
- Wedding Transportation
- National Aquarium
- Field Trip
- White House
- Smithsonian Institution
- Antietam National Battlefield
- Washington Mall